In recent weeks, we have shared the rationale behind Pantone’s 2017 Color of the Year, Greenery, and explored the upsurge in the use of all things green in home design and décor. But specifically how can one embrace this color, to capture the feeling of revival and renewal?
Here are ten gorgeous and clever options for doing just that:
- Pops of color in the kitchen – trivets, cooking utensils, potholders and oven mitts – inexpensive, easily interchangeable, functional, and fresh!
- Toss a cheerful green throw pillow (or three or five) on the living room sofa for an instant recharge – the quick burst of color changes the energy in the room, turning it up a notch in the enthusiasm department.
- A springy and bright front door wreath welcomes guests with a vibrant and natural accent beckoning them to come on in and stay a while.
- An accent wall in a guest bedroom, office, or kitchen takes a bit more commitment but also brings the wow!
- Alternating stripes with a neutral works perfectly with this crisp green – classic with white or navy, ultra dramatic with black, super playful with tangerine, cerulean blue, or violet.
- When painting an entire room in this crisp yellow-green hue, the end result is that the walls read neutral, allowing for other colors and patterns to take center stage.
- Layered with grays and greiges, this particular shade of green turns up the warmth and coziness factor.
- Alongside brick accents like fireplaces or exposed brick walls, Greenery’s contrasting freshness feels ultra-mod.
- Be brave and purchase a Greenery inspired occasional chair or ottoman. The color is classic enough to have some staying power and fresh enough to feel on trend.
- And if you really want to go over the top, we have heard that Pantone’s top color pick for 2017 is an option on this year’s Mercedes-AMG GT R – Yes, a Greenery-hued Mercedes.