Pantone, the go-to source for all things color related recently released their overview of the hues and shades that will dance down the runways in Spring 2017 gracing models in the hottest designs of the season.
Twice each year, those in the know anxiously look forward to the announcement of clothing fashion color trends as a sneak peek into what may be headed toward home fashion a year or two down the line as color trends often start in couture fashion and migrate toward other design industries in short order.
The most recent report, released in tandem with New York Fashion Week, lists the top 10 colors in fashion for Spring 2017.
Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute, often shares her analysis of the theme or general tendency of the list. This year, she noted:
Reminiscent of the hues that surround us in nature, our Spring 2017 Fashion Color Report evokes a spectrum of emotion and feeling From the warmth of sunny days with PANTONE 13-0755 Primrose Yellow to the invigorating feeling of breathing fresh mountain air with PANTONE 18-0107 Kale and the desire to escape to pristine waters with PANTONE 14-4620 Island Paradise, designers applied color in playful, yet thoughtful and precise combinations to fully capture the promises, hope and transformation that we yearn for each Spring.
- Flame – a bold pop of red-based orange, fiery and hot
- Greenery – a crisp yellow-green like the first budding of leaves after winter thaws
- Hazelnut – a neutral grounded in earthiness, warm and unassuming
- Island Paradise – a lovely sky blue with just a hint of green
- Kale – a richer green, definitely inspired by nature, almost reads as a neutral
- Lapis Blue – an energetic and bold blue, clear and radiant
- Niagara – a classic denim-inspired blue, calming and comfortable
- Pale Dogwood – a sweet and serene pink, offering a soft glow
- Pink Yarrow – a color that exudes happiness; a bold fuchsia pink, garners attention, energizes, and brings on the smiles
- Primrose Yellow – a sunshiny and warm yellow