As a neutral, gray abounds with fashionable possibilities:
- Use gray as a neutral then add a pop of bold, bright color. Think lime green, hot pink, red, orange.
- Choose a warm gray on the walls as a stunning backdrop for art and perfect compliment to any window treatment.
- Gray stands strong next to patterned fabrics and works with thousands of colors, so swapping out accessories is a snap.
- Ponder these color pairing options:
- Gray + yellow = stunning
- Gray + pink = subtle sophistication
- Gray + black + white = interesting monochromatic palette
- In the words of Nate Berkus, “Pale gray walls and glossy white molding always looks expensive.” (Better Homes and Gardens, September 2013)
Give gray a try – it is one of the most versatile colors in the designer’s palette.