The days are getting cooler and the leaves are beginning to turn, which means it’s time to transition your home from summer to fall. When decorating for fall, the goal is to maintain style while also promoting a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Soon, we’ll begin snuggling up with blankets near the fireplace with our homes prepared for the quickly approaching winter and the holidays with decorated craft pumpkins, fall foliage wreaths and fall centerpieces. Luckily there are so many fall DIY projects that can easily allow you to transition your home for the season.
Here are five ways you can easily decorate your home with a touch of fall:
- Rockin’ It With Fall: If you have a rocking chair or bench on your front porch, add a small craft pumpkin in the seat and a throw blanket for you to keep warm. Maybe even add a few container gardens inspired by the season with flowers and plants that parallel the fall foliage, or grab a bucket and throw in a few pumpkins.
- Autumn Wreath: Grab a few sliced pieces of wooden branches and whatever else you would like to add and make an elegant autumn wreath for your front door.
- Fall Foliage Pumpkins: Craft pumpkins are much better than real pumpkins when it comes to creating beautiful designs and decoration. With some prints of fall foliage designs (or even some fallen leaves from your yard), white craft pumpkins and ModPodge, you can create some beautiful decorations for your mantel, coffee table or patio.
- Vase Displays: Crabapple branches and oak leaf stems make the perfect autumnal displays in any home. Just place them in any neutral or cool room to add a pop of color and keep a calming atmosphere.
- Tree Branch Coasters: Add a rustic touch to your home with tree branch coasters. You can find them online or make them yourself. Just go to save-on-crafts.com for birch logs, sand down the disks after cutting them and stamp them with a print or ModPodge it on and complete it with a matte finish.