Whenever the seasons change, it’s natural for us to dress accordingly. Spring brings rain boots and light jackets, while summer brings short shorts and open-toed shoes. We also tend to decorate our home according to the seasons. Bright throw pillows decorate our couches as well as lighter curtains to invite the cool breeze in our homes during the warmer seasons. With fall quickly approaching, it’s time to dress our homes accordingly.
Hot chocolate with marshmallows, cozying up under a warm blanket by the fireplace becomes a much more appealing image when the weather becomes cooler. But, there are other ways to warm up and stay cozy at home.
To make the transition to the cozier seasons, here are a few suggestions:
- Store away those bright linen or cotton throw pillows and bring out the textured pillows. Whether it’s faux fur, velvet, corduroy, flannel or knit, they are sure to keep you warm and make any seating area look warm and cozy.
- Throws are the perfect additions to any cozy seat or bench. Add them as a beautiful fall accessory to your couch, velvet bench or to your bed for extra comfort and warmth in the colder seasons.
- Create your own fall décor with DIY projects on Pinterest. Create beautiful fall centerpieces, fall foliage wreaths or even corn husk candles to create a warm and inviting atmosphere perfect for the fall season.
- Scented candles have the ability to create a cozy atmosphere throughout your warm. Purchase a candle with an apple and cinnamon, pumpkin spice, or gingerbread scent to create an aroma that reminds you of all of the holidays that warm your heart.
- Bring the fall foliage indoors with some fall container gardens. Create your own arrangements with the inspiration of fall and your home will feel infinitely cozy. Find plants that will last throughout the winter season as well so you can maintain the cozy atmosphere until the seasons change.