Pantone, known primarily for their selection of Color of the Year, also makes predictions and forecasts for color trends twice each year – spring and fall. The colors are primarily focused on fashion, but as we know trends in fashion will soon be reflected in home design and décor.
Recently, Pantone unveiled its projections for the colors that will dominate fashion in Spring of 2016. Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute described the palette:
“Colors this season transport us to a happier, sunnier place where we feel free to express a wittier version of our real selves.”
People are craving serenity and feeling optimistic. These feelings are reflected in the colors of the season. Toss in some well-chosen neutrals and the palette comes together beautifully.
Colors that evoke serenity:
• Rose Quartz, one of the Pantone Colors of the Year, a blush pink, tender and relaxed.
• Serenity, the second Pantone Color of the Year, a tranquil and soothing blue.
• Snorkel Blue offers a second blue shade, deep and rich.
• Limpet Shell, a third blue, clean and unspoiled, serene and genuine.
Optimistic pops of color:
• Buttercup, a joyful and bright yellow, conveying happiness.
• Fiesta brings a pop of bold red, complementary with yellow undertones.
• Green Flash is a lively and fresh green.
• Peach Echo, welcoming and warm, brings in a soft orange.
Neutrals to round out the group:
• Lilac Gray, an interesting neutral with soft purple undertones, a gray that relaxes.
• Iced Coffee finishes the neutrals for spring offering an inviting base of earthy color.